Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker Review
Mr. Coffee 12 cup.
The world at large consumes coffee like there is no tomorrow. According to statistics around 80% of the world’s population drinks coffee and so it becomes essential to own a home brewer in the long run. And with the growing caffeine drinking culture growing around the world. Even the business world has introduced this beverage for their employees to give them a stress-free working lifestyle. Loads of business houses these days have either added or want to install a machine at their premises and departments for their workers. It is noticed that almost all significant departments and breakout areas for these companies have a brewing machine installed for their workers. Even a lot of public places throughout the globe has introduced small coffee and tea vending machines for the general public to sit and relax in their daily hustle bustle lifestyle.
Mr. Coffee is not just a home brewer, but a drip brewer precisely. In that regard, Mr. Coffee 12 cup stands out in a horde of other home brewers. Mr. Coffee Maker’s review will help the user to understand in a better way how this machine is an advantage purchase. The sheer performance of this machine has scored beyond the beautiful looks of it.
Customers have quite appreciated the looks as well as the performance of this model. It is available in a very cheap price range at Amazon and has scored 4.2 stars out of 5 from the user. It is quite a performer amongst customers, and this product has managed to win the heart of many buyers. The main feature of this model is the pricing as it is hard to find great features at such a price. As customers know, this machine has become a famous household appliance company that holds a positive international reputation. Founded in 1970, Mr. Coffee products have been welcomed warmly by customers for their excellent quality and customer-friendly prices. However, this model particularly has turned out to be a brilliant purchase for all the coffee drinkers.
Design and Features.
It’s tough to believe if someone comes and tells the customer, that a grand quantity is available at a small price. This home brewer is capable of churning out 12 cups of coffee in a single brew cycle. This said it makes its presence treasured among families with a large number of members or people who have a habit of drinking cups of coffee in succession to satiate the caffeine addict in them. Once brewed, the coffee stays warm for two hours which makes this more of a fascinating buy.
The machine has imbibed itself with a host of auto functions to reduce the effort on the consumers’ end. Its unique features include an alarm which allows you to make coffee at whichever time it’s convenient for you. So getting up in the morning and then brewing a cup for you becomes a redundant exercise. The alarm with its ability to program will brew you just a little cup of morning coffee. Mr. Coffee also alerts the user after the completion of the first brew cycle and even when the second brew cycle can be commenced. This feature is a bonus as the device assumes most responsibilities and doesn’t keep you on the edge of your seat for the wrong reasons.
Brewing Pause and Serve.
Given the price, Mr. Coffee has a brewing pause and serve feature that allows you to intervene the machine to pause when a brewing cycle is in process. If you want to take out a cup of coffee, you need not stop the engine, hesitate to take out the amount of coffee that you wish to while the machine is brewing.
Water filtration system.
Another mouthwatering prospect about Mr. Coffee is its inbuilt water filtration system. Gone are the days of using tap water to make coffee. This feature enables you to do away with all sorts of impurities in the water and helps you drink not just great coffee but also safe coffee. Having a water filter in the machine purges not only the solvent but also makes the process of getting water into the machine obsolete. The filter basket is detachable and can be lifted out of its socket easily. Paper filters of the same dimensions can also replace it. 97% chlorine in the water will be removed when the coffee is in the process of brewing. Thus this machine is not just efficient and super trendy but also speaks to people who are pathologically cautious of what they are drinking.
Summation of the market report.
Most customers have taken Mr. Coffee with open arms. The customers applaud its elegant design, smooth operation, and the quality of coffee it brews. Owing to its unique pour design, it is challenging to spill coffee on different places while pouring it out from the carafe, especially if you have jittery hands. Thirdly its fast brewing speeds had won the love of the people as people claim that even before they completed chores their cup of coffee was steaming. However, some issues are hard to ignore. The main problem with Mr. Coffee 12 cup is its plastic taste of brewed coffee that buyers have experienced in its very first use. However, even that can be avoided if the primary three brew cycles are run only with water. Consumers have also reported that this device creates a lot of noise while brewing which is not desirable in home brewers. Even though it's programmable, there are no temperature settings for brewing your coffee at the desired temperature.
From the instruction manual.
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury to persons, necessary safety precautions should always be followed when using electrical appliances, including the following:
1. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THE COFFEEMAKER.
2. Do not touch the coffeemaker’s hot surfaces. Use the handles or the knobs and do not open the lid or cover while brewing.
3. To be protected against electric shock, please do not immerse the power cord, power plug or coffeemaker in water or any other liquid.
4. Make sure that close adult supervision is a must when this appliance is used by or near children.
5. The coffeemaker should be turned off, and the power cord should be removed from the power source when the coffeemaker and clock are not in use and before cleaning. Allow the coffeemaker to cool down before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning the appliance.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged power cord or power plug, or operate it after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner. The device should be returned only to the nearest Authorized Service Center for examination, repair or adjustment.
7. Any use of accessory attachments other than MR. COFFEE® brand products may cause hazards or injuries.
8. Do not use the coffeemaker outdoors.
9. Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of a table or counter, or allow it to come into contact with hot surfaces.
DECANTER USE AND CARE
Follow these instructions carefully to mitigate risks and breaking of the glass decanter:
• This decanter is fashioned for one use only and should not be used in any manner, including as a range top or as a top of a microwave oven.
• Do not keep a hot decanter on surfaces with extreme temperature differences.
• Using a cracked decanter or a decanter without tight walls or compromised handle should be avoided at all costs.
• Cleaning the decanter with abrasive cleaners, steel wool pads or other abrasive materials is not advisable
• Dispose of the decanter if it is ever boiled dry.
• The decanter should be kept away from sharp blows, fine scratches and other forms of violation.
• The thermal carafe should be kept assembled.
• The thermal carafe should not be placed in a dishwasher.
SPECIAL CORD SET INSTRUCTIONS
1. The plug storage holds the cord for your convenience.
2. A short power supply cord is provided to ensure that the risks emanating from longer cables, such as entanglement, tripping and such other accidents can be mitigated.
3. An extension cord may be purchased and used if care is exercised in its use.
4. If an extension cord is used, the marked electrical rating of the extension cord must be at least ten amps and 120 volts. The resulting extended cable must be arranged so that it will not drape over a countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over accidentally.
5. This appliance has one blade more extensive than the other in its plug. It has a polarized plug which reduces the probability of electric shock.
FIRST USE INSTRUCTIONS.
To ensure that your first cup of coffee in Mr. Coffee-12 cup is as good as it gets, you will have to clean the device before the first use. Cleaning instructions are simplified in the following steps.
1. 1. In a solvent of detergent and water clean the decanter, decanter lid, and the filter basket. Rinse each thoroughly (please refer to the parts diagram listed above).
2. 2. Replace all the parts and close the lid. Using just water and nothing else run a brew cycle without coffee and coffee filter.
3. When brewing is complete, turn your coffeemaker off, discard the water in the decanter and rinse the decanter, decanter lid, and filter basket. Your coffeemaker is now ready to use. Enjoy it!
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE.
Regular cleaning: switch off the coffeemaker and unplug it too cold it down before sitting down to clean the same. In a solution of mild soap and hot water wash the filter basket, the permanent filter (doesn’t come with all models), the decanter and its lid. Never use abrasive cleansers, steel wool pads or other abrasive materials. The dishwasher top rack safe parts include glass decanter and its cover, filter basket and permanent filter. It is not advisable to wash the thermal decanter and the water filter disk in a dishwasher.
Decalcifying your MR. COFFEE® Coffeemaker
Minerals (calcium) found in water will leave deposits in your coffeemaker and will affect it. These deposits should be regularly removed by using MR. COFFEE Cleaner or vinegar. MR. COFFEE®
1. You should always follow package instructions to prepare one batch of MR. COFFEE® Coffeemaker Cleaner. Pour the mixture into the water reservoir. If using water filtration disk, remove the water filtration disk from the machine before decalcifying.
NOTE: 4 cups or 20 fl. oz. of highly concentrated, white domestic vinegar is recommended as a substitute of the cleaner.
2. An empty 10-12 cup paper style filter or permanent filter of the same branding should be placed into the filter basket before the lid is closed
3. Place the empty decanter back in the unit, centered on the warming plate.
4. Use the coffeemaker to brew three cups of coffee solution.
5. Turn the coffeemaker off and let stand for 30 minutes.
6. Use the coffeemaker to rinse through the machine using the remainder of the cleaning solution.
7. Once done, dispose of the cleaning solution and rinse the coffeemaker with fresh water.
8. Fill the water reservoir with clean, fresh water.
9. The coffeemaker should once again house the empty decanter, keeping the warming plate on the center.
10. if a paper filter was used during the cleaning process, do away with it but if a permanent filter was used, rinse it thoroughly before use again before putting it in the filter basket
11. Begin the brewing process and allow the full brew cycle to complete.
Water Filtration Disk Replacement:
Your water filtration disk will need to be replaced once a month (approx. 30 brew cycles). If the machine has not been in operation for a long period of time, the water filter should be rinsed with running water and the coffee maker should be cleaned before use.